Is 15 minutes enough to be able to reasonably judge a person?
Yes, it is. Observe:
- The first look you get when introduced
- The first smile, is it easy and natural or forced?
- The first time you laugh at the same thing. Is it a polite laugh or a genuine laugh?
- The pauses in the conversation
- Who does more talking?
- Which way do your feet point? Towards the person or the door? (and vice versa)
- Do you find yourself ever mentally saying, “What an Idiot?”
And finally, after the conversation, close your eyes and try to picture the person. That sums up what you think of them.
People, conversations and words are priceless. They deserve to be spent a little carefully.