The Fiance was full of giggles today, watched as he had the video of the ‘engagement’ a month after the real thing. Why? Because I spent about ten minutes of the entire ceremony looking at something other than the floor, my bangles and my feet. You Tube worthy he called it.
What are the forces that turn confident, intelligent and smart women into Simpering Savtri’s? I list some here…
1. Hoardes of people you don’t know staring at you
2. Multiple cameras right in your face
3. A ‘costume’ you don’t recognize yourself in
4. Approving looks from the grown up’s
5. Weight of the flowers in your hair
6. Self consciousness at being the centre of attention
And most of all, the finality that this is for real and it’s FOREVER.