I’m hibernating. This time, for real. I’ve been reading books at a remarkable rate, cooking, eating, sleeping, spending time window shopping on Amazon (I love the used books), chatting with friends, reading random news (even more than when I was working at Tech Support) and been generally day-dreaming…
I’ve also decided to apply to some PhD programs. 🙂 I know, like the Husband’s PhD wasn’t hard enough, we’re going to live through another one. This time though, Husband will be making tons of money and also, he’ll be forced to be more “understanding spouse” than I was because he’s been through the PhD thingy. Whatever… This assumes that I am actually going to get an admit from a school I like. With funding being cut everywhere (in everything except healthcare and related fields) it might not be all that simple.
Other updates (bulleted list because I miss writing case papers for school):
- Texas is warm
- We’re finally living within 10 miles of Mysore Masala Dosa serving restaurant
- We’ve been driving our car on its spare tire because we’ve been too lazy to get the flat repaired
- We own actual furniture (bed, dining table, futon and TV) Yay Ikea!
- bought a completely useless appliance called electric kettle (I’m too lazy to even heat water on the stove now)
- decided to make new friends and well, blah blah blah!
Ooh! Forgot! The Husband and I are going to celebrate “one month of living in the same apartment” in a few days. Major milestone for us. So, this is what being married really feels like!